Director of Marketing
We believe the internet has changed because of the proliferation of cloud services that commoditize personal data. Companies masquerade "free" services in exchange for something quite valuable: collecting and storing user data like emails, contacts, purchases, travel and browsing history.
At Helm, we are building a different future. We are on the verge of a new computing revolution - one that puts the user and their data first by decentralizing the net.
The Director of Marketing is expected to be a key business leader and to contribute broadly to the strategic and tactical success of a hardware and software product targeted to consumers. From defining and establishing our brand to orchestrating a media strategy and launching a v1.0 in a new product category.
We are looking for a marketing leader with equal parts brand art and metric-drive science. If you are excited by building brands and defining new product categories by being hands-on and rolling up your sleeves to help implement the marketing strategy, then we would love to hear from you.
While we aren't publicly disclosing details right now, we can say that it's strategically central to the company and is going to change how we think about where we store our data and how we access it.
This role reports directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities and Duties
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of professional marketing experience, and will have a successful track record of leading brand and growth within a well-regarded technology company. The strongest candidates will have demonstrated experience with all elements of marketing, from the quantitative analytics of lead generation to the qualitative nuance of establishing brand voice.
- Create, develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy that defines and builds awareness for a new consumer product category
- Build the leading brand in consumer privacy and security
- Deliver traditional 7 P’s of marketing
- Architect efficient digital demand generation and customer acquisition strategies
- Build relationships and partnerships amongst key industry stakeholders
- Define and execute PR, social and content marketing strategy
- Understand the broader business perspective of the company beyond Marketing; work closely and collaboratively with executives in Technology, Design, Sales, and Product
- Establish tight budgets tied to a marketing strategy that drives core revenue metrics for the business
- Stay up to date on industry trends and bring new ideas
- Experience launching a v1.0 consumer product
- Experience leading projects with agencies, consultants and/or firms
- Experience building a consumer brand
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must have the proven ability to deliver concise, logical written documents
- An entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with passion for a fast-paced, growing environment
- Comfortable with numbers — analytical and results-oriented mindset with a focus on ROI and optimization
- A world-class team player who works effectively in a team-based organization, collaborates cross-functionally, exercises influence at senior levels, and builds alignment around goals and objectives
- Generous employee stock options
- Employee health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible work hours
Who Should Apply
We are located in the heart of downtown Bellevue, with easy access to public transportation.
Helm was founded by seasoned entrepreneurs with a successful track record and decades of experience shipping products to hundreds of millions of users. We are well funded by great early stage investors that have backed companies like Instacart, Coinbase, Flexport, Redfin, Square, eero, and AirBnb.
Our purpose is to help people be free, private and secure online; to empower people to be their true authentic selves online. We equip people with the tools they need to take control of their own data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.